Thursday, February 8, 2024

PAIN

I am in immense physical pain.  I pulled a muscle in my back.  This same spot/pain has happened twice before.  The first time was when Korra was a baby and I bent to pick up something while holding her on my hip.  The second time was about 5 years ago while I was jogging before school.  Today it happened when I was pulling up my pants in the bathroom.  I wish I could lie and say it was something different.  I am so embarrassed and frustrated.  It's a spot right under my right shoulder blade so it hurts when I twist, move my right arm, or breathe deeply.  It hurt bad enough that I had to ask Nate to get me from work almost immediately.  When I got home I sobbed.  That hurt too.  I'm laying on a heating pad, slathered in Icy-Hot and with a tummy full of ibuprofen and Tylenol.

I'm also in a good amount of emotional distress.  I found out this morning that we owe several thousand dollars in our taxes- AGAIN- even after we both made changes to our withholdings last year.  We have the money in savings, but it is so upsetting to have this huge of a mistake.  And we still need to figure out what the mistake is so we don't have this issue for a third year in a row.

No comments: