Monday, June 1, 2020

errands = expedition

I took Korra to run errands for the first time during the pandemic. Preparing for it felt like preparing for a diving expedition, or at the very least like the first time you try to run errands with your new baby. 
First up was getting an oil change. Usually we'd just wait in the waiting room but this time we had to figure out where else we could go. We walked about a mile to a park and as soon as we got there, I had to go to the bathroom (bad). Thankfully by the time we got back the car was ready. It didn't change the fact that I didn't know how long it would take or what precautions people around us would be taking. That meant we needed snacks, water, hand sanitizer, face masks, and books to read.
Next up was the grocery store. Once again, no one really seems willing to wait for the person in front of them to move in order to keep 6 feet. Also people don't seem to understand that 6 feet also mean to the sides, so no, you can't just go around me. It was super stressful and Korra (while in general was well behaved) asked for every item of junk food we passed and repeatedly asked if we were done yet because she was tired of wearing her mask. 
I had planned to also go to the Post office and the car wash but those were scrapped because a) we were both worn out and b) I said yes to nearly every item of junk food Korra asked for including ice cream so we had to get home before it melted. 

No comments: