Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Working Mother

After work is just as hard as work.  I have 5 measly hours between getting home and going to sleep.  Not nearly enough to spend quality time with Korra and Nate or do the things I want to do (like cook dinner or go for a walk) much less housework.  Finding a balance is going to be very difficult.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm not going to lie, it's crazy hard to work full time and be a mom. It's like having two jobs. And there's never enough time to get everything you want done. You just sort of do your best. Our laundry only gets properly put up 20% of the time. There are three big baskets of folded/ready to hang clothes sitting in my bedroom floor. But that's the thing I can let go of. We eat something every night, and spend as much time with Clara as possible before she goes to bed.
Supposedly it gets better somewhere around 15-18 months. I'm choosing to believe that for now.
All that to say, you're not alone and it totally sucks sometimes. :)

Jessica Ammons said...

Well, I'm not working and still can't get laundry done most of the time. There are days when I wish I could get out of the house for the day....so the grass is always greener on the other side. I don't look forward to the day I have to leave Sam (which will be sooner rather than later), but I also know I have a smiling face to come home to every night that is excited to see me, not bored because we've been together all day every day.