Friday, April 29, 2011

Cicadas

I imagine that if you don't live in LaGrange, you don't know about the plague.  There are cicadas everywhere.  Creepy little dry exoskeletons and freshly winged, red-eyed insects cling to every surface.  They've covered my back porch, our shed, and pretty much every (extra-tall unmowed) blade of grass.  Their noise I can tolerate (day and night) but if I stand still for more than 3 seconds, you'll have a few land on you.  Ewwwww.

3 comments:

Amber said...

They are disgusted. I particularly hate that they have left their exoskeletons on my porch railings. They're so gross.

Lisa said...

GROSSSSSSSSS i love how few bugs we haveout here. no mosquitos, what?

Noelle said...

I had to listen to one that had gotten somewhere under my hood or in the front of my car almost the whole way to school. I was so paranoid that it would reveal itself while I was driving and that I would freak out. Those things are gross.