Friday, August 28, 2026

High School Reuinion

Last night at Korra's climbing gym, a man came up to me and asked, "Is your name Katie?" When I responded yes, he said. "I'm Philip."  He looked kind of familiar so I was racking my brain for a few seconds about how I know this dude and then he said, "we went to high school together!"  The small talk was awkward, in part because I barely remember him.  It's nothing personal, I just barely remember anyone from high school.  Graduation was over 24 years ago and I didn't go to college with any of them.  It got extra weird when he asked to take a selfie to send to one of my best friends from high school that he said he still keeps in touch with.  I was like. "Oh, please don't send that to her. We don't talk anymore" and then I rambled for a minute about how our friendship crashed and burned 15 years ago.  It was, as the kids say, cringe.  He asked for my phone number and introduced me to his wife before I was able to leave.  It was so very weird and I haven't stopped thinking about it.  

No comments: