Wednesday, May 28, 2025

Helper

Yesterday I had a teacher work day and Korra came to be my helper. Technically, she still has school 3 days this week but I think going back to school for a handful of days after Memorial Day is silly. I know all her teachers' grades were already due. I know the teachers are exhausted and the kids will be wild. I just don't think it will be a positive experience (and could possibly be unsafe) so I'm not sending her. 
Korra started out helping in the library- organizing series and noting if we're missing any books. After she finished I sent her to help the art teacher clean out her closets of doom. Korra (oh is she so much like her mother and grandmother) was in her element and didn't want to leave. 
We're done for the summer- 8 weeks off for me and 10 for Korra.  I'm so happy to be back into the rhythm of the school year calendar. 

No comments: