Thursday, May 29, 2025

Allergy Test

This morning I had an appointment at the allergy specialist. I started off joking with the nurse that there are more pleasant reasons to be topless than getting 32 small injections in my back (I know, I'm hilarious). Then I waited 15 minutes. When the nurse came back, she gasped and muttered, "sweet baby Jesus" while taking some notes. The doctor came in and said each of my panels of 8 pricks had blended into one giant inflamed blob, that I'm severely allergic to all trees, grasses, and weeds, and that it was one of the worst reactions he'd ever seen. He prescribed me an EpiPen and then made plans for a rigorous course of allergy injections. The nurse came back in and rubbed my whole back down with hydrocortisone cream and gave me some Zyrtec, all while saying, "you poor dear." So, I guess it was a useful appointment. Here's hoping next spring is a lot easier!

No comments: