This afternoon I had a Zoom training about gender inclusivity that started at 11:30. My students were in my room eating lunch until 12 and then it took longer than expected to get them home or to the Friday afternoon program so I was trying to manage my students and participate in my training simultaneously for about an hour. I had less than 5 minutes of uninterrupted training time before Korra came into my room sobbing (it was the first day of the afternoon program so she was feeling scared/overwhelmed). Once I got her settled, it was time to skip out of my first training to jump on a Zoom for my teaching outdoors session and then jump back on the gender Inclusivity training before picking up Korra and then making some less-than-positive parent phone calls. Of course, this is all after I taught for 4 and a half hours.
Is it really that surprising that I went to refill my Zoloft prescription and buy two pints of Ben and Jerry's immediately after school?
No comments:
Post a Comment