Friday, September 1, 2017

Rumors of My Termination Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

There was a rumor going around school today that I had been fired. When I first heard it I cried because I was sure it meant it was coming. And with good reason. I decided to take a stand this morning during our faculty meeting. I didn't cry or back down. I told the admin in front of everyone that speaking up made me fearful I would lose my job. I said they were thoughtless and unprofessional when they fired a teacher in the middle of the day yesterday. I said that if I got fired next everyone would know why. So yeah... maybe I should have been more prepared. But I didn't get fired today. I'm sure that even if I don't, they won't make things any easier for me. But I had teachers all day long thank me for my words and leadership and bravery.  For now, it feels worth it. I'm exhausted but proud of myself. 

No comments: