Yesterday I went to see a physical therapist about my hips (they hurt whenever I am sitting or laying down for more than a few minutes). She confirmed that it is indeed hip bursitis and that I have weak hip muscles. I've got hip strengthening exercises to do plus I need to attempt the impossible task of teaching myself to sleep on my back. I've tried multiple times in the past few years and I just can't manage it. Lastly, she said I might need to see an orthopedist for cortisone shots. At this point, I think I'm ready to do it, but the hurdles of getting my doctor to write me a referral and then seeing the orthopedist for a consult and THEN finally getting the shot... it's just a lot. Suggestions for how to make myself sleep on my back would be appreciated.
Symptoms
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment