I had NO idea what a big deal our Grandparents and Special Friends Day was until I experienced it today. We had two sessions (one for the lower grades, and one for the upper grades) and STILL filled the auditorium with standing room only both times (We have 396 students total and probably had 300+ people at each session). Grandparents came from out of state, and we even had grandparents from Nepal, Japan, and Germany.
I had a table for bookplate donations. We got 52 bookplates ("This book is donated in honor of ... by..." that the kid gets to put in their favorite book) and collected over $1000.
Since a lot of the kids got checked out early, we combined classes for the afternoon and I got to spend 45 minutes outside on the playground with kindergarten where I had 4+ kids hugging me/holding my hand/sitting on me at any given moment and where I witnessed one kiddo lick his hands after using chalk, resulting in a rainbow colored mouth.

No comments:
Post a Comment