All I wanted to do to celebrate Mother's Day was go for a bike ride to get milkshakes and cheese fries.
First, we went to get Nate's bike a new tire (someone stole his front tire off his locked bike from our 2nd floor front porch in a gated complex). The place was packed. No one was social distancing or wearing masks. We were right by the Beltline and could see that there were even more people there. Bike ride cancelled.
We were still able to get shakes and fries, just not at the place I really wanted. And we had to go through the drive-thru instead of biking. It was really disappointing because it made me feel so trapped. Even the things we should be able to do safely (go for a bike ride) are limited. I know this is just is just a little thing but there are so many little things. The summer is looming large and long and frustrating and boring. I'm so tired of this and there's so little relief. And there no end in sight.
This is not to say I don't have millions of things to be thankful for (and I am!). Like Daniel Tiger says, "sometimes, you feel two feelings at the same time and that's ok." I just need to keep working at being ok with not really being ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment