We sat through a 30 minute Pennies for Patients assembly today. As much as I want the kids to feel involved in doing good in the world, it feels pretty messed up to have kids from the inner city begging for change to support cancer research when we live in a city and county with billionaires.
Symptoms
6 years ago

1 comment:
While I get what you're saying, I think teaching kids compassion is never a bad thing. I wasn't there and I don't know how the presentation was done, and yes, I think billionaires should not exist. I think they should end the problems that they can end. Maybe presentations like pennies for patients, though, will help some young entrepreneurial inner city go-getter who's going to be one of those amazing success stories be the person who doesn't hoard that success, but changes the world instead in part because they sat through a 30 minute presentation in the gym that one day and learned about giving and taking care of others.
Post a Comment