Thursday, November 1, 2018

Caffeine vs Sugar

This morning I spent some time trying to figure out how much caffeine I needed to balance out the amount of sugar my sleep deprived students would consume before the end of the day. 
My morning was spent in a very boring meeting and my afternoon was a frustrating power struggle. It was like a life size game of whack-a-mole but the moles are sugar-fueled, hormone-riddled 12 year olds who don't want to stay in the room much less in their seats and are hell bent on touching each other and making each other cry. And instead of a mallet all I have is threats of lunch detention and phone calls to their moms. 
After school I was supposed to go to an attendance committee (it's exactly as fun as it sounds) but got a call from Nate that the dealership had to keep his car overnight. So Korra and I drove 45 min in rush hour traffic to pick Nate up. 
Needless to say, today was hard. 

No comments: