Saturday, August 11, 2018

Bike Riding

This morning Korra and I went on a bike ride. She rode her bike, I rode my bike with the trailer. We practiced riding to school. It took a long time and there were lots of tears because even though she can ride well, she struggles to get started on her own and gets pretty scared when we go downhill (she does not like to feel out of control- I wonder where she gets that?) Once we got to the school, we locked up her bike and she got in the trailer. I biked another mile or so to this really cool store (Richard's Variety) to pick out a gift for a friend who had a birthday party tomorrow. The ride back was rough for me because it was all uphill while pulling the trailer and then once we got to the school there was a lot more tears because by now Korra was tired and frustrated. It took us over 2 hours to bike 3 miles but I'm hopeful that with more practice we'll be able to come to school before winter!

No comments: