We had lunch yesterday at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center. Much of our drive was on I-84, which was built on top of parts of the trail.
We camped at Bruneau Dunes in southern Idaho. I had thought we would climb the dunes but it was 96 degrees when we arrived and the sand was scorching hot.
We had a rough night. First it was the mosquitoes throwing themselves against the side of the tent. It sounded like rain. Then it actually started to rain and it sounded like being inside a popcorn popper (also, rain in the desert?!). After the rain, the wind kicked up and proceeded to partially collapse the tent repeatedly over an hour and a half. I got to see some really spectacular stars while I was up trying to fix the tent. And the wind did keep the mosquitoes away. We finally got to sleep about 4am.
On our way to Utah this morning.



No comments:
Post a Comment