Saturday, October 8, 2016

3am Visitor

We woke up at 3am to the sound of our doorbell. Over and over. I called through the door, "Hello?" and I hear a young woman's voice, "Help me, please!" I cautiously open the door to find a crying teenage girl. She tells us someone is chasing her as we bring her into the living room. Through tears, she tells us how she's locked out of her house and her phone died so she was just waiting outside the house when a man started harassing her. We sat and talked with her for about 45 minutes while she charged her phone and called friends and family members. Finally we were able to arrange to meet her boyfriend at the fire station down the road. While I really wish we could have had a full night's sleep (especially since Korra ended up in our bed for the rest of the night), I'm glad that somehow people know our house is a safe place where they will find help and hospitality. 

No comments: