Saturday, July 13, 2013

Poop Side Down

You know how they say that if you drop toast it will land butter side down?  Did you know the same thing applies to poop-filled diapers?  I can tell you that it does.
I went to change Korra's diaper in the bathroom of the Mexican restaurant tonight and discovered that there was no changing table.  So I lay her down in the space between the sinks.  There's very little wiggle room, so after I remove the diaper, I have to lay it very close to my wiggly baby (it's a cloth diaper).  Wiggly baby kicks the poop-filled diaper onto the floor where it lands, you guessed it, poop-side down.  Now I have a baby with a poop covered butt on a small bit of counter between 2 sinks in a Mexican restaurant bathroom, oh and there's poop on the floor.  Awesome.  After I clean up Korra and get a fresh diaper on her, I then have to keep my hand on her (to keep her on the counter because I'm not about to set her on the bathroom floor) while I try to wipe poop off the floor- all the while hoping that now one comes in.  Moral of the story: every bathroom should have a changing table.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

You've never realized just how many bathrooms don't until you're a mom, huh? I was in a Zaxbys yesterday that didn't...I mean, it's one thing at a small, local restaurant but a big chain? I was quite displeased.

You're obviously nicer than me, though, because I take no changing table as a personal invitation to change ellia in the dining room, on the bench seat. Then again, I've never dropped a poopy diaper before (that might feel more bathroom appropriate...) ;)