Thursday, October 18, 2012

Doula Katie

So today I finally got to meet (in person) someone who was super helpful on my labor day.  A friend of a friend, who I'd only chatted with on Facebook, is a doula.  When my water broke but labor didn't start right away and when that on-call doctor was NOT going along with my birthplan, I gave her a call and she was so wonderful.  She gave me advice and talked me through things and promised to even come to the hospital and stand up to Dr. MeanFace if I needed her to- all without ever meeting me in person.  Well today we finally got together for milkshakes and she's every bit as wonderful in person.  Too bad she's moving at the end of the month- she's one cool lady!

3 comments:

Danielle Snider said...

she's not moving THAT far!!!! just down the road!!! im so so soooo glad you guys met. and hey- maybe you can check out their church. i hear the pastor's pretty legit. and the pastor's wife is really darn friendly. like crazy friendly.

ozob said...

and she likes babies..... ;-)

Rebecca Kaviany said...

Ha ha...y'all are a trip! Katie B....our was wonderful meeting you and that sweet doll face, Korra. I hope this can be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.