Monday, February 8, 2010

Spinach Lasagna

I might start posting a few of my favorite recipes when I make the dish. Tonight we had my spinach lasagna. If I lived alone, I would eat it 3 nights a week- every week. It's not exact at all since I made it up, but I'll try my best here.

Mix:
3 c mozzarella cheese
1 medium size container of cottege cheese (I think it's better than ricotta)
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
3 t minced garlic
1 of those square boxes of frozen chopped spinach- thawed and squeezed

Layer in a 9 x 9 pan- spaghetti sauce, uncooked lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, repeat 2 more times and finish with another cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees covered in foil (make sure you spray it) for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before you cut it.

No comments: